Core Services - Investment Decisions
Investment Decisions shall be driven by thorough analyses that integrate
- all commercial aspects including a drug's current and future competitive environment as well as pharmacoeconomics (also see > Commercial Assessment),
- the analysis and mitigation of development risk (also see > R&D Productivity Increase),
- the identification of a company's cost of capital,
- the calculation of risk-adjusted net present values ('NPVs'),
- the assessment how value is expected to increase once set milestones have been reached,
- 'comparables', i.e. market transactions with a known value.
Bioscience Valuation supports management with comprehensive analyses and clear investment recommendations that can be shared with any stakeholder.
A 'top 25' pharma company wished to improve its project prioritization metrics. Bioscience Valuation implemented its valuation methodology by educating the company's newly formed portfolio management team.
A transparent, value-driven prioritization process was tailored to the organiation involving all functions and management levels, including the CEO.